Friday, July 10, 2015

"About me blurb" for Personal Journal and Academic Writing Summer 2015

Hi there,

I guess this is where I tell y'all a little about me. So... I just came back to beautiful Santa Barbara about a month and a half ago after spending a year studying in San Francisco. The cold, the fog and, surprisingly, the people made me miss this lovely place (where I spent my first three years in the U.S. Oh, and I'm from Sweden originally), and I decided to finish my education at Antioch University because of its unconventional teaching methods that resonate more with my personal goals and beliefs.

Here in SB I love a bunch of activities like yoga, meditation on the beach, paddle boarding, reading, painting, hiking, writing, and I just started volunteering at an animal shelter where I help take care of the dogs (yes, poop and wet dog smell will soon become a major part of my life). Other than that, I'm working on my B.A. in media and communication, and ultimately, I'd like to work in radio. I think. Or start a non-profit to feed all the needy children and/or dogs and/or old people in the world. We'll see. It'll be one of those.

So there, that's my blurb for all the world to see. I've probably left out a bunch of stuff that may or may not be interesting, but I'm sure there is plenty of time to fill in the blanks this summer semester.

See y'all in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment